Saturday 1 March 2014

Buffalo Chicken Cheese Fries!




























So today I made the breakfast of the gods. Or uh, the breakfast of me.

I'm not really a breakfast kind of person. I like skipping straight to lunch or dinner. And when I DO eat breakfast foods, it's at dinner time. Yeah, I'm that person. Also I'm going to the movies today (which I'll review tomorrow!) and then going to stay with my parents for the night, so I wanted to blog this before I went out.

(By the way, as I blog this I'm watching The Guild on Netflix. If you haven't seen it, go now! It's still on YouTube too. It's great.)


(This is the season I'm currently on, too. And Felicia Day is one of the cutest people in the world.)

But okay, onto food!

ingredients

  • your favourite kind of fries (I used about 1/4 of the bag)
  • 1 cup of Daiya cheddar shreds
  • 1 Gardein chick'n scallopini, shredded
  • 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (or more if you're a HUGE fan of spice)*
  • 1 Tbsp snipped chives


*Note: CHECK THE INGREDIENTS OF YOUR BUFFALO SAUCE. A lot of them have milk in it!

instructions:

  1. Cook fries according to the package instructions.
  2. While fries are cooking, cook the scallopini according to the package instructions. (I cooked it with canola oil spray so it wouldn't get too greasy, and I cooked it for about 3 minutes on each side.) When the scallopini is done being cooked, wait for it to cool and then shred it (use two forks).
  3. In a small bowl, mix the shredded chick'n, buffalo sauce, and chives. Microwave for 30 seconds and mix again.
  4. When fries are done cooking, move the oven rack closer to the broiler. Pour 1/2 cup of cheese on them, then the chick'n mixture, then the rest of the cheese.
  5. Broil on high for 1-2 minutes (I did it for a minute and a half but you may need to do it for a shorter/longer amount of time depending on the strength of your oven, so keep an eye on it).
  6. Gently transfer to a plate with two spatulas and enjoy!

Mmmmm, fries.


I originally had 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar in the recipe but then I decided to add a bit more once I saw how little 1/2 cup actually seemed.


Gardein products are AMAZING. I love the scallopini.


























Let's take a second to appreciate the cute spatula I have.


























The shredded chick'n.


























Yeah, it's not the prettiest. I was just thinking the other day about how a lot of the food I cook isn't "pretty", but hopefully the tastes speak for themselves.



















































(I forgot to take a picture of when I added the other 1/2 cup of cheese because I was excited about food.)


























Ta da! Fries!

Hope you guys enjoyed this! If you have any suggestions, leave a comment or send me an email.

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment