Saturday 6 September 2014

Sailor Moon Saturday #10!

Hello everyone! How're we all doing? I'm still kind of in a funk (my depression has worsened physically; I'm achey, like when you have the flu, and it hurts to move). Eating has been rough too - I made pizza yesterday for national Cheese Pizza Day but even that was hard to force down. My stomach is in pain all of the time, basically. But then I remembered that Sailor Moon was on today! Yesssssss.

(Warning: This post will be filled with images and will be spoiler-heavy, so turn back now if you wanna avoid all of that.)

Today's episode was entitled 'Act 5 - Makoto, Sailor Jupiter'.
























Honestly, I mainly took a screenshot of this because I want that umbrella. I mean LOOK AT IT.

























We're first introduced to Makoto Kino after she saves Usagi from being hit by a car. Because Usagi kind of just farts around sometimes and doesn't pay attention to what's going on around her (Luna even brings this up right before the incident).

























We then learn that there's a rumour about a haunted wedding dress shop and this causes Usagi and her friends to fantasize a bit (it's also kind of nice to see that Usagi has friends that aren't the other Sailor Scouts).

























Animated food always looks better than the real deal. (Especially in Studio Ghibli films, ugh.) I have a few bento boxes and I gotta tell ya, I don't know how these kids survive on such a small amount of food. It just makes me hungrier! (Maybe this is the benefit of a big breakfast. Or any kind of breakfast.) But yeah, we learn that underneath her tall and kind of tomboyish exterior is the soul of a delicate lady.

























Remember how I mentioned in one of my last entries that one of the things people seem to gloss over is Usagi's ability to make friends easily? WELL. When the smartest girl in the group can see it.... Hmm.

























So, a youma takes over the arcade guy's mind and he tricks Makoto, blah blah. He looks like someone she used to like.

























Tuxedo Mask is obviously brilliant (or a stalker) because he's already figured out that Usagi is Sailor Moon (I mean, how many girls in Japan have long blonde hair? Spoiler, but when I was there I did not see ONE) and he leads her to the trouble. And I mean, her cute hair bows!? They're all the colours of the bows of the Scouts, ugh.

























Men are being men and sucking the energy out of girls because you know, that's how looooove works. But they arrive before she's seriously hurt.

























Oh hey, a haunted bride!

























I wouldn't mess with her if I saw her on the street. Her complexion is ghastly.

























We get a cute flashback that ends when Makoto is rejected, whoops. But at least she's rockin' that scarf.

























And then she just kind of watches her crush and his girlfriend walk into the sunset. Oh. No sweetie, no. You can do better.

























Makoto starts feeling betrayed and kind of spirals into a depression before Usagi gives her an inspiring speech about how love is never foolish. (Which, while nice and I'm gonna let it slide, is not necessarily true.)

























With new confidence, Makoto transforms into Sailor Jupiter with a badass transformation sequence!
























I mean seriously. BADASS.

























Yes you do recognize it, Nephrite. BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH HER *screams into the sky*.

























So yeah, Luna's kind of second-guessing her suspicions about Tuxedo Mask. Good, it's about damn time.

















































There ya go. It's about more than men!

























Yayyyy, Usagi gets a new toy!

I was very pleased with this episode. Before, my favourite Sailor Scout had been Sailor Moon but I might've converted to being a Sailor Jupiter fan! I never really thought about it before.

The next episode of Sailor Moon Crystal will be debuting on September 20th (ughhhhh!) and is entitled 'Act 6 - Tuxedo Mask'.

I'm currently watching the show on Crunchyroll, but you can also find it on Hulu.

If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, feel free to leave me a message below or send me an email!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment