Wednesday 6 May 2015

Somewhat back!

Hi everyone.

First of all, I'll let you guys know that I should be back on a fairly constant basis soon - we're finally getting FiOS in our area (hopefully) by the end of May! (Living in Hell - I mean Kabletown, heh - has its disadvantages. Fucking Comcast.) Right now, we have a terrible internet connection and even going onto this website pretty much breaks the internet. I'm actually visiting my parents so I get to update from their house, hurray!

I feel weird jumping back onto this horse, but a lot has happened recently. Here's a list of reasons why I stopped updating for a bit (yes, a list of excuses):

  • I finished the fall semester. Yay! 
  • I had my seasonal job during tax season, and since we had to let someone go I ended up working 40-50 hours a week.
  • I had two deaths - one a friend, and the other a family member. The latter was especially traumatic, as it was the one family member besides my parents that I got along with, and it was incredibly gruesome. I can't even write anymore about this right now. Not here, not now.
  • As a result of these deaths, I've actually stopped being a vegan. I wrote about it on the Facebook page for The Geeky Gal, but at this point in my life I am so disheartened by this world that I just can't justify going out of my way to help others anymore when I see nothing in return. Selfish, yes. But it's hard to put work into something and see no result.
But hopefully I really will be back soon. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am working on stuff.

Again, I do apologize for being absent for so long. 

If anyone has something they specifically want to see from the blog, please let me know and I'll do what I can!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment