Thursday 17 July 2014

Elaine Stritch, You Funny Bitch.

Today brings the tragic passing of a hilarious actress.

Rest in peace, Elaine Stritch.







































I was first introduced to this talented woman when she appeared on '30 Rock' as the sharp-tongued Colleen Donaghy, the mother of Jack Donaghy (played by Alec Baldwin). Though she was only in nine episodes, it FEELS like she's always there - her performance left such an impression on me, I was convinced she was in at least half of the series before my visit to IMDb proved me wrong.

She also plays a cute little role in 'ParaNorman' as a sweet and supportive grandmother (which is kind of a nice break from the role I mentioned earlier - she's not exactly a "cute and cuddly" mom).

If you'd like to check out more of her work, here's her IMDb page. Don't expect to find too much of her stuff on Netflix though. ('30 Rock' is on there, but you won't find it if you search for Elaine Stritch.) This may change now because of her death, but at the moment the only thing that appears when you search for her is the documentary 'Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me'. Which I plan on watching as soon as this headache goes away.

Keep on smilin'.






































xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment