Friday 7 February 2014

Review Day: Herr's Baked Ripple Cut Sweet Potato Chips



So, while staying with my folks, I went out and picked up a couple of items that I've never tried before and that seemed rather interesting. They also had a jalapeƱo flavoured chip that I really wanted to give a go, but unfortunately it's not vegan. Le sigh.

I'm not really into the whole sweet potato "phase" (I mean sweet potato fries are all right, but I wouldn't push an old lady out of the way for them). I just don't get it, I guess. But hey, why not give this a go?


Now, of course when you open the bag it's only half full. But that's to be expected because it NEEDS to be half full for transport purposes. (Although... why don't they just make the bags bigger then? I dunno. Anyway.) But this was the first glance.


I loveeeee baked chips. I find they tend to be a lot less "greasy" than unbaked ones. Also, they tend to not be as salty. I like salt as much as any other human being, but there IS a limit. I assure you, there's a limit. This was a decent chip in terms of thickness (good for dipping, and it doesn't crumble away the minute you pick it up) and in terms of salt (not too salty; as in, the salt does not grease up the chip to the point where it becomes a window and you can see into the great unknown.)

However... I took a bite, and the actual "sweet potato" flavour was completely lost to me. WHERE WAS IT? WHERE ARE YOU? The only way you're really going to detect any sort of fleeting sweet potato face is if you shove a handful of them into your mouth. And even then, the flavour kind of ends up like gum; three bites, and it's gone.


They taste like a normal potato chip and really only taste like sweet potatoes if you fill your ENTIRE mouth with them. I might as well have bought plain chips.

I hope you guys liked this little blurb! If you've tried these before or if this review has somehow inspired you to go try them, let me know in the comments!

Tonight I'm making a surprise for you, so be ready for tomorrow's entry!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment