Wednesday 29 October 2014

Book Buddies - Rod Serling's Triple W: Witches, Warlocks and Werewolves

So today was fun!

My class was canceled, but I forgot to unset my alarm so I still woke up relatively early anyway. I figured I'd get some stuff done for my Halloween party! (And around the house in general.)

My mom and I went shopping yesterday and we picked out supplies together for a nice decoration for the railing on my front porch.






































Hehe, isn't it cute? I was so excited, I put this up the minute I woke up!

I also found a new friend at Joanns.







































She is Queen Rebecca and I love her. (Her eyes also light up.)

Oh, AND I carved my pumpkin today! (Thanks for the pumpkin, mom!)







































But today, we're gonna talk about a fun read for Halloween!







































This summer, I went to Belmar with Eric and my friend Julia. We came across this really cool store that sold a lot of vintage comics and toys and other really cool memorabilia. I found this in there, and I knew I had to get it. I've always been a Twilight Zone fan, and I mean Rod Serling was also super attractive, hahaha.

Now, I'll let you know, this isn't a collection of Rod Serling's stories - rather, it's an anthology of horror stories that he picked out.

Like any anthology, there are some stories in this that are better than others. Overall, I was incredibly entertained! The one story that really stood out to me was 'Blind Alley' by Malcolm Jameson. (I looked him up and now I'm interested in reading more of his work!) While reading 'Blind Alley', I was reminded of a Twilight Zone episode, and I was on the money - because it was one.

Overall I really did love this collection. I wasn't really thrilled with Nathaniel Hawthorne's contribution though (but I have very mixed feelings about him in the first place, so this isn't totally surprising to me). I recommend picking this up if you're in the mood for some spooky stories before bed!

Halloween is almost upon us! Do you guys have any fun plans?

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment