Wednesday 8 October 2014

Movie Madness: Fright Night (1985)

Okay, so somehow I've never seen this.

I KNOW, right? I mean it has Chris Sarandon in it (ugh yes he's so handsome) and then they remade it and Anton Yelchin and David Tennant are in that!? Come on, I need to hop on this wagon. This is one of those cult classics I've just never gotten around to watching, but I've always been really excited about it and I'm glad Netflix pulled this up for me today.







































'Fright Night' is about a boy named Charley (played by William Ragsdale) that has convinced himself that his new neighbour, Jerry (played by Chris Sarandon, drool) is a vampire. If Chris Sarandon was a vampire, I'd probably fall for the act too, ugh. His good looks would lure me away from everything!

I know the other day when I talked about 'The Frighteners', I said that I loved the films of the 90s, but I actually really like the 80s, too. (Basically I think I love every decade but the 70s.)

I loved this. I typically like cult classics, so I EXPECTED to like this too. And there were parts of this that were so wonderfully cheesy (like when the mom offers Charley a valium to help him sleep, the fact that Jerry is hesitant to kill Charley and his mom - I mean, he hears her voice and what is he actually worried about though? HE COULD JUST KILL HER TOO???? - and so on).

Roddy McDowall is so fantastically overdramatic in this, it makes me giddy. It's quite charming, really. I wish he was still alive. He's cute and funny! He's kind of got a "Vincent Price vampire hunter" thing going on here.

(Man, if I was Amy, I'd totally fall for the act that Jerry gives her. Whoopsie. And her vampire face near the end actually freaked me out a bit, ha!)

Also, there are times where I'm like "Why is this rated R?" and thennnnn I realize why, ahahaha.

Oh, and a warning to my vegan/animal-loving friends: There IS a scene with violence towards an animal in this. I think it looks (thankfully) fake, but I figured I'd give a warning regardless.

I hope you liked this review! Make sure to keep checking up this month for more reviews, recipes, and crafts! And if you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email.

Have a Weird Wednesday, guys!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment