Thursday 2 October 2014

Movie Madness: The Innkeepers (2011)

So for my Halloween movie reviews, I'm kind of writing some of these ahead of time (to prevent them from interfering with my schoolwork, and just in case a big assignment is dropped on me at the last second and I get super busy), so I apologize in advance if my tenses are kind of mixed up at times! It's hard writing stuff ahead of time, haha.

So the other night, I decided to just pick the first horror movie I stumbled upon on Netflix for these reviews. To kind of pick blindly, really. And this was the pick!







































As I stated above, I went into this pretty blind. I looked up the cast as this dragged went along and was shocked to find that there was a veteran 'Top Gun' actress in it, as well as a guy who had a bit part in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'! Where they got the budget for this, I'll never know. Maybe these actors really needed the money, because that's the only explanation I can think of as to why they'd star in this garbage.

Claire and Luke are employees at the Yankee Pedlar Inn, an inn that's closing next weekend and is supposedly super haunted. Before it closes, they want to find some sort of concrete proof that the place really is haunted and to show it to the world. (I wonder if they'll ever regret that choice.)

Before I go into my scathing review, I will point out that the Yankee Pedlar Inn is a real place and it's also supposedly haunted.

I wish I could slap these people and get my time back. I paused it multiple times and groaned "Man, it's STILL not over!?". I kept forcing myself through it in order to give you guys a complete review, but it was just not worth it.

I tend to really like slow movies, but good GOD. Nothing even remotely paranormal happens until a good chunk of the film has passed, and even then it adds nothing to the story - no character development, no fear, nothing to even laugh at for being so bad. There's just NOTHING here.

This reminded me of a film I'd expect to see from the film students at my college, if I'm being frank. It was dull as dirt.

You can stream it on Netflix if you don't mind wasting an hour and forty one minutes of your life, but seriously. Skip it. There are so many other good horror films on Netflix. Even I rated this one star, and I usually give "pity" ratings to movies. But no. I wish I could've given this zero stars. And then removed it from Netflix. And then removed it from the planet.

If you guys have any suggestions for scary movies or fun Halloween recipes or crafts, leave me a comment below or send me an email and I'll read it when I can!

Hope you guys are having a spooooooooky day!

xo, Kate

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about this one. It was hard getting through it the first time and I've since thought about reviewing it myself, but ugh...lol.

    Great review, though, chief. :)

    ReplyDelete