Saturday 4 October 2014

Sailor Moon Saturday #14!

So, as promised, I will be taking some breaks during my horror Halloween month to continue my Sailor Moon Saturday entries. So, fear not! You'll still get weekly Sailor Moon updates and information.

Today for my literature class, I had to watch the film 'Barbarella', and it's so awful that I've actually paused it to watch Sailor Moon and write this entry. It's SO BAD you guys. It's sexist and gross and boring. There are so many other sci-fi films to watch that would be less of a waste of time. (This class, mind you, is a literature class based around women in gothic fiction, so I'm not entirely sure WHY we're watching this. I tried to recommend The Turning of the Screw/The Innocents, but I was instantly turned down. Meh, whatever.)

So instead of doing schoolwork, I'm just gonna share this with you guys.

(Warning: This post will be spoiler-heavy and filled with images from this week's episode.)

Today's episode is entitled 'Act 7 - Mamoru Chiba, Tuxedo Mask'.

























So, Usagi finally knows that Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask. FINALLY.

























We're also finally given the reason as to why Mamoru has been searching for the Legendary Silver Crystal - his parents died in a tragic car accident when he was a young boy, and in that accident he lost all of his memories. So, he feels as though he will remember who he is if he's able to get his hands on the crystal.

























Meanwhile, Luna talks to a mysterious person (obviously it's Sailor V, just in case you guys are oblivious when it comes to silhouettes and such) about the enemy, whose power is growing.

























We're finally shown that it's not actually Queen Beryl who's in charge, but Queen Metalia.

























Queen Metalia is just this shapeless smoke entity, so I don't really know why everyone is so freaked out by it. (Although everyone in LOST was freaked out by the Smoke Monster, so maybe Metalia is on that level of freakiness too.)

























Also, maybe I wanna just brag a little bit because I'm an Apple user/fan, but even the smartest character on the show clearly appreciates Mac products. (Wink wink.)

























I wish Umino would show up more. He's fun comedic relief.

























Although... Usagi works as the comedic relief too.

























(I wish this watch was real. I'd use it all the time.) Usagi is also clever enough to kind of stay quiet about Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask around the others.

























And yet again we have a moment where the Sailor V in the video game is talking to Usagi, only this time it's in front of the group so she knows she's not just imagining things! Hurray!

















































Zoisite captures Sailor Moon near the end and threatens to kill her, and he and Tuxedo Mask talk about the crystal for a bit before Tuxedo Mask admits that, while he did want the crystal at first, now he's basically devoted to Sailor Moon. It's a nice sentiment, although he should still focus on his dreams as well. (Unrelated, but this is a big part of why I don't like Disney's film 'Tangled' - a lot of people that I know LOVE it and are confused as to why I don't, but I hate when Rapunzel makes her "dream" into Eugene, rather than doing something for herself. But, moving on.)

























Zoisite is definitely about to kill Sailor Moon when Sailor V (and her trusty sidekick, Artemis) step in at the last second! Finally, Sailor V is here!

I really enjoyed this episode. I love Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask episodes. And I'm really excited for the next one. (Sailor Venus was my favourite Sailor Scout for the LONGEST time, and even now she's pretty much tied with Sailor Moon.)

The next episode of Sailor Moon Crystal will be debuting on October 18th and is entitled 'Act 8 - Minako, Sailor V'.

I currently watch the show on Crunchyroll, but you can also find it on Hulu.

If you have any comments or suggestions for this month's Horror theme, feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment