Wednesday 15 October 2014

Movie Madness: The Prophecy (1995)

So, while trying to pick a horror movie to watch, Eric and I noticed that Netflix's feature 'Max' was nowhere to be found. Has he been, um, put down?

Because of that, I let Eric (and one of his D&D die, because he was stuck between two films) pick the movie.

I regret that decision, hehe.







































Now, I dunno if I'd classify this as a horror film, but it's filed under horror on Netflix, IMDb, and Wikipedia, so maybe I'm wrong heh. It was horror-bly boring though! *crickets*

Okay, okay.

Um, the basic premise of 'The Prophecy' is that a human gets stuck in the middle of an angelic civil war.

I just.

I hated this movie so much.

Guys, it's SO BAD.

I couldn't even really crack jokes during this. It's REALLY BAD. (If you really wanna watch a great movie about angels and such, just put on 'Dogma'. It's witty and memorable and all of the actors are amazing in their roles.)

Christopher Walken (the reason this appealed to Eric in the first place) and Viggo Mortensen (who appealed to me) are pretty good in their roles. Well, they're good considering what they were given. The pacing of this film is slower than a snail, and the writing is dry. My family was never religious (I'm actually an atheist) and I never went to Sunday school, but this FELT like a Christian theology lesson? (Does that make sense?) I just kept groaning and waiting for it to end. (Oh and spoilers, Viggo Mortensen doesn't even show up until about the end of the film, so you don't even get to enjoy his performance for very long.)

I don't know who their audience was supposed to be, but this was a huge swing and a miss. Even while I'm writing this, I'm getting annoyed because I wasted my time with this garbage.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. Booooooo.

I hope you all enjoyed my review! Before I close out for the evening, I'd like to take a moment to address an issue. My friends Kelly (who runs a wonderfully geeky vegan blog called Fandom and Food) and Adrienne were recently in a car accident. Kelly was injured and is unable to work at the moment, so they're struggling financially. I've donated, but if you could just take a second to click here and donate (and share this with your friends), the ladies and I would greatly appreciate it. They're wonderful people and they shouldn't have to deal with something as awful as this, so please take a second to do whatever you can for them! Even $1 will help!

Thanks for reading today, everyone! If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment