Monday 20 October 2014

Movie Madness: The Caller (2011)

So, oh my goodness.

This is hopefully going to be a good week. *fingers crossed*

I think all of my teachers got the memo about midterms week, because I pretty much have no work this week. (Although I'm just gonna work ahead a bit and email people about this group project.)

I have an idea for a project to post on here (maybe tomorrow or Thursday) for Halloween, so we'll see!

But until then, let's get to tonight's movie.







































So 'The Caller' has been on my Netflix list for a while, but Max finally picked it for me so hurray, I get to review it for you guys!

Mary has moved into her own apartment after finalizing a messy divorce from her ex-husband, Steven. She soon begins receiving weird calls from a woman named Rose, and though they develop a friendship at first, things turn dark reeeeeal quickly.

I LOVED this movie a lot more than I thought I would. I thought Rachelle Lefevre gave a great performance. (I've recently become a fan of hers, I adore her on the TV show 'Under the Dome'.) And Stephen Moyer was cuuuuuuuute. He's apparently on that popular show 'True Blood' (which I might start watching soon, I need a backup show).

This movie put me on edge the ENTIRE time. My hands were sweaty and I was flinching at every second. I kept freaking out that something would happen to the dog (spoilers, but the dog is apparently safe and I'm incredibly grateful for that). The creepy timing in this was SO spot on. It'll make your heart pump and you'll be scrambling for the light switch by the time this is over. (I mean, I hope you all watch horror films in the dark, right!?)

This is available to stream on Netflix, so if any of you horror buffs are looking for something to watch tonight, give this a try! You really won't be disappointed. It may be a bit slow for some people, but I thought that aided in the creep-appeal of it.

I hope everyone else had a nice Monday! If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to leave me a message below or send me an email!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment