Saturday 18 October 2014

Sailor Moon Saturday #16!

Well, the semester's about halfway over you guys! *cheers* I dunno why I (or my advisor) thought that five classes would be a good idea, ha! I'm so stressed. But I'm doing really really well so yayyyyy! Wish some of my professors were a little more on the ball with grading things though - I haven't heard from my effective speaking professor since September, so that's.... a little alarming.

Today's entry will probably be relatively quick (I have some papers to write, but I don't think they'll take too long).

(Warning: This post will be image-heavy and filled with spoilers from this week's episode.)

Today's episode is entitled 'Act 8 - Minako, Sailor V'.

























Okay, so FINALLY we get to meet Minako. She was my favourite character of the series for the looooongest time (and she still ties for number one with Usagi, honestly). I'm hoping that, like with some of the others, they actually tone down her ditziness a little bit and show that she really can be quite intelligent. I think that today's episode actually played to that quite nicely!

























I mean, look at the lil' cutie. How could someone NOT like her? I mean obviously Naoko Takeuchi does - she created a whole separate Sailor V manga (which I actually read years before it was published in the US - why did it take so long, by the way!? - because I bought some French copies of it when I visited Quebec in high school).

























Oh, and Sailor Moon's tiara changed! (Did we get this one in the 90s show? I'm drawing a blank, to be honest.)

























So, now that the enemy knows that "Princess Serenity" (heh) is here, they want to draw her out and get the Crystal. So they pull out Kunzite and tell him to go do that.

























THE BACKGROUND WORK THOUGH. (I'm probably just going to geek out about that all season, to be honest.)

























Also, maybe this is just me over-reading this, so let me know what you guys think... But is it just me, or is the overall facial animation for the male characters "cleaner" than that of the women? Every time I take a close up of any of the Dark Kingdom Knights or of Mamoru, they just look.... better. Especially when you compare it to that of any of the Sailor Scouts. I dunno, thoughts?























Also... I'll admit that I did have to hold back tears when they finally kissed. This is one of my FAVOURITE parts of the manga, and this really stuck true to the nature of that scene. And this really shows them as a "couple" for the first time, I think. He really cares for her, to the point that he'll throw himself in the way of danger to protect her...

I can't wait for the next episode because THINGS ARE STARTING TO HAPPEN.

The next episode of Sailor Moon Crystal will be debuting on November 1st and is entitled 'Act 9 - Serenity, Princess'. 

I watch the show on Crunchyroll, but you can also find it on Hulu.

If you have any comments or suggestions for stuff to write about, feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email!

xo, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment